To help make your residential experience hassle-free, we offer a number of services and amenities.
A UC ID card is provided to each resident and must be used every time upon entrance.
The UC Computer Center houses a black & white printer; the cost to print is $.10 per page. Contact the Management Office at 312.924.8000 to set up a printing account.
UC offers a wide range of cleaning services for both apartments and suites.
IT Help Desk
IT can help you set up your email and securely enable you to access wi-fi from your personal computer. Contact IT.
Upon move in, each resident is issued a mailbox combination. Mail is distributed to mailboxes located on the second floor.
Resident Services Desk
Check out vaccums, games and other items.
TV, Internet, Phone
University Center provides standard technology services to all residents which include high-speed internet, cable television and telephone. Residents also have the option to upgrade their technology services. Email for more details.
University Center television service is provided through Dish Network, a satellite distribution system. All units are equipped with a television jack to connect to the satellite service.
- 2 TV Guide
- 3 Information
- 4 CBS
- 5 Cable/Satellite FAQ’s
- 6 NBC
- 7 NASA
- 8 ABC
- 9 UCC Weather Channel
- 10 WGN
- 11 Technology Info
- 12 WTTW
- 13 WWME
- 14 WYCC
- 32 Columbia College
- 33 DePaul University
- 34 Roosevelt University
- 35 FNC
- 36 COMEDY
- 37 BRAVO
- 38 WE
- 39 SPIKE TV
- 40 ESPN
- 41 ESPN2
- 42 ESPNEWS
- 43 ESPNU
- 44 NFLHD
University Center provides a Local Area Network (LAN) within the facility for distribution of internet access to residents. Each resident will be provided with a standard RJ45 data jack, for 24-hour internet access.Residents can expect to experience bandwidth performance of internet speeds minimally of 17 Mbps download and 8 Mbps upload.
Residents’ computers must be equipped with Network Interface Cards (NICs) for connection to the building LAN. All residents using the building network are required to maintain the latest updates (patches) for their respective computer operating system. All computers must be equipped with current Anti-virus software with automatic updates. It is recommended that residents use a personal firewall, such as McAfee Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Securities or your choice of other products. This will serve as additional protection for you and your computer.
University Center residents are provided with:
- One standard analog telephone, at no charge, in every semi-suite room and in each apartment’s common area
- The purpose of the UC provided phone in each unit is to ensure that all residents have access to at least one phone connected to live dial tone with access to emergency services. This also provides management and security the ability to call each unit to ensure communication with residents. These phones are not to be removed or disconnected for any reason.
- Standard analog telephone port (jack) for each resident and phone service in his/her bedroom area. Residents can furnish their own phone or purchase one from University Center Technology.
- Free and unlimited calling within the building, using 4-digit dialing.
- Free and unlimited local calling outside the building (within a 15-mile radius).
- A calling card will be required in order to place calls outside of the local calling area.